Persist can help US Persons
Are you a US-person? Do you seek investment possibilities, but find your bank or investment advisor unable to do so? We are able to help you, as Persist welcomes US-persons, unlike most European financial institutions.
When are you a US-Person?
Usually you are regarded as a US Person if:
- * You have a United States passport. Even if you have a dual nationality you will be regarded as a US Person if one of those nationalities happens to be American.
- * You are taxable in the United States
- * You live in the United States
- * You were born in the United States
- * You have a Green Card
- * You have a United States residential or postal address or telephone number
- * You make periodic money transfers to the United States
- * You have granted a power of attorney to someone with a United States address
- * You have an In-Care-Of or Hold-Mail address in the United States
Companies may also be regarded as US companies, for instance if they are domiciled in the United States or incorporated under US law.
Why do most financial institutions decline to give investment services to US-persons?
The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) generally requires that foreign financial Institutions like European banks, insurance companies and brokers and certain other non-financial foreign entities report on the foreign assets held by their U.S. account holders or be subject to withholding on withholdable payments.
This is why most European financial institutions have limited their range of products and services for US persons, especially when in come to investments.
Persist is able to help you.
Persist Global Wealth Management is a Dutch institution established in 2008 and is a licensed operator in most European countries. Because our roots stem from the American brokerage industry, we have decennia of experience working for both US and non-US persons with US and non-US depositories. For our US person clients we use an American depository and comply with all the reporting rules set by the IRS.
Persist, based in Amstelveen, can offer you out of the Netherlands a wide array of financial services including investment advice and investment management solutions.
Please contact us at ++31 (0) 20 426 58 77 or click here to make an appointment to further explore the possibilities.